PWB crashing

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

librarymactech
Contributor
Contributor

PWB crashing

Post by librarymactech »

I hope you all can help. It just started yesterday. We are using PWB 2.0.8 IE6 Win Xp SP2. Whenever you open it up you get our home page but when you go to navigate to a page t crashes. I've ran spyware, antivirus scans with multiple programs and it is still doing the same thing.. Anyone else have this happen??

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Try clearing the cache by using the Control Panel applet Internet Options. A large or corrupt Internet Explorer cache can cause this type of problem.

--Scott

librarymactech
Contributor
Contributor

Post by librarymactech »

I use the ClearIE cahce program and i did it manually. Same problem

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

It sounds like a patch was installed that may be causing the problem. Does Internet Explorer exhibit the same problem on the same computer?

Try using PWB v2.09 with a stock INI file on the same computer to see if that clears it up.

--Scott

librarymactech
Contributor
Contributor

Post by librarymactech »

IE does crash, Just tried PWB stock with our Registration info same thing.

I beg you in the new version make this compatible with firefox !!! PLEASE... :lol:

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If IE crashes then PWB will crash because PWB uses IE for all its HTML rendering, try re-installing IE.

I will see what I can do about using the Gecko engine Firefox uses instead of IE. There was a point in time that PWB v1 could be used with either the IE or the Gecko engine and 99% of the people used the IE engine so we took out the Gecko support to simplifiy and streamline the PWB development.

--Scott

librarymactech
Contributor
Contributor

Post by librarymactech »

It's happening again. I did a re-install of Windows and set-up the machine with the newest version of PWB. I have the cache cleaned everytime someone logs off. Selected option to empty temporary internet files on close.

I only have Windows XP SP2 and PWB installed. Latest windows updates. The account is set to a User account.

Help ! :shock:

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Try using PWB v2.09.1 which will be released on 1-19-06.

http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/beta/PWBv2091.zip

You will need to have PWB v2.09 installed and then copy the new EXE file over the old EXE file.

Also send a copy of your INI file to support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com and I will take a look at it.

The current plan is to have PWB v2.10 be able to use the Gecko (Netscape, Firefox) engine as well as Internet Explorer.

For testing:

Download and install the following:
http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/control.htm

Then add the following to the PWB INI file for PWB v2.09.1 beta.

[Browser]
UseGeckoEngine=True

However this is only an early test for the Gecko engine and may not work as expected.

--Scott