Need help

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

librarymactech
Contributor
Contributor

Need help

Post by librarymactech »

Using 2.09PWB and have some porgrams that we have to install locally. Unfortunately they use a web browser becasue they are all html files. When We go to run them I get URL.txt not found then access denied. I need help trying to figure out how to get these things running.

Just a note i look at the link in the browser and it shows file:///C:\Program%20Files\program

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Use the full path to the URL filter file in the INI file. It sounds like PWB is looking for the URL filter file but it can not find it.

--Scott

librarymactech
Contributor
Contributor

Post by librarymactech »

Now it is just saying accessed denied. Again I am trying to access files locally. I currently have access http only to true, I do not want access to the local drive via the address bar.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You will need to set access HTTP only to false, as this limits PWB to only HTTP web sites and you are trying to to access files that are located locally.

file:///C:\Program%20Files\program

You can use the PWB URL filter to deny access to the local drive except for the files in question.

+all
+file:///C:\\Program%20Files\\program
-C:\\

This will allow access to the "C:\Program Files\Program" folder but not the rest of the C: drive. You can even get more specific but I am using your post as the example. Also notice the use of the double backslash in the filter file, and the specific allowed comes before the denied.

--Scott

librarymactech
Contributor
Contributor

Post by librarymactech »

I've done what you said,

Turned off HTTPONLY access to false
Added the additions:

+all
+file:///C:\\Program%20Files\\program
-C:\\

But i still get access denied, when i remove the -C:\\ it works but access is still possible to C drive

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Try changing the allowed URL to the following.

+C:\\Program Files\\program

This will allow PWB to open any file in the "C:\Program Files\Program" folder. Of course this is not always desireable since a patron could open the folder directly in PWB. To prevent this you should add the regular expression to only open files then end with HTML in the folder, assuming all the files you want to open end with HTML.

+C:\\Program Files\\program\\.*\.html

Notice the use of the backslash before the dot in ".html" since the dot has special meaning in regualr expressions. Also notice the astrick after the dot in "\\.*\.html" which repeats the wildcard dot in the regular expression.

--Scott