Odd message with Pop UP Blocker Turned OFf

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

Bahem
Participant
Participant

Odd message with Pop UP Blocker Turned OFf

Post by Bahem »

I am trying to access an e-flyer from a department store. I have the Pop Up Blocker turned off and I get the following message:

an unnamed file contains an invalid path

I am running ver 2.09.

Any hints on how to get around this

Thanks
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

This error means PWB is trying to display a user message but you do not have a message file specified or the message file is not availble. Since you are using the pop-up blocker, I would guess it is one of these files.

[Files]
PopupAdFile=Popup.txt
PopupOnButtonFile=Popupon.txt
PopupOffButtonFile=Popupoff.txt

--Scott

Bahem
Participant
Participant

Odd Message

Post by Bahem »

looking at those files, it looks like something I can personalize. What is causing this Dialog box to appear though? Unless I know what is triggering it, I can't write the message.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

What is causing it is PWB is looking for a file that is not present or the current user does not have access to it.

Which file is causing the problem is the hard part because it depends entirely on how you have PWB configured and can be one of many files.

If you want to send a copy of your INI file and the steps to create the problem to support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com we can take a look at it and offer some more direction as to which file is causing the problem.

--Scott

Bahem
Participant
Participant

Post by Bahem »

OK. Below is a copy of the ini in question. The website I was having difficulty with was www.hbc.com/zellers which is a Canadian department store chain. Next, when you try to access their online flyers, even with the Popup blocker turned off, you get the message in question. To access the flyers, you need to put in your Canadian postal code. For testing, you can use mine - N2M 4S6

Thanks for your attention to this

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You have the pop-up ad filter turned on, but you do not have the pop-up ad filter file spcified.

[Security]
ClosePopupAds=True

[Files]
PopupAdFile=

Turn the pop-up ad filter off and it should correct the problem.

If you are using Windows XP SP2, you can use the OptIn utility available on our download page to have PWB use the Internet Explorer pop-up filter instead.

--Scott

Please note we removed your INI information because it contained your PWB license.

Bahem
Participant
Participant

Post by Bahem »

I have set the ClosePopupAds to False. No, I get an error that the requested URL can't be retrieved. the error encountered was:
Unable to determine IP address from host name for hbc.flyerservices.com The error message seemed to point to the Netsweeper filter that this terminal goes through but the administrator of the Netsweeper server claims it is not this service. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Bahem
Participant
Participant

Never Mind

Post by Bahem »

It seems to work now. Must have been a glitch in the network as it was waking up this morning. Thanks for your help