Allow pop-ups

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

eberrocal
Participant
Participant

Allow pop-ups

Post by eberrocal »

How to I set up PWB (v2.08) to allow pop-ups for just one particular website? Thanks.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You could use the pop-up filter with the "-all" option, then add the title of the pop-ups on the web site, or you could enable the Windows XP SP 2 security with the Opt_In utility, and use the Internet Explorer pop-up filter.

--Scott

eberrocal
Participant
Participant

Post by eberrocal »

I found the Opt_In utility on your website, but can you provide detail on the pop-up filter? Is this an option/INI setting in PWB? Thanks.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Enabling the Internet Explorer pop-up blocker in PWB through Opt_In enables the Internet Explorer pop-up blocker in PWB.

Here is details on the Internet Explorer pop-up blocker.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/usin ... ocker.mspx

Use the Control Panel applet Internet Options to change the IE pop-up blocker options.

--Scott

eberrocal
Participant
Participant

Post by eberrocal »

The pop-up blocker in IE is enabled. I have one allowed site (www.agilemind.com) for which I need to see pop-ups.

Next, I used the Opt_In utility and selected the Pop-up Blocker option. However, I still can't see pop-ups from the site. Instead, PWB completely closes.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

It sounds like the web site is closing the main PWB window. When the main PWB window closes it closes all the child windows and exits.

Please send a copy of your INI file and the steps to recreate the problem to support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com.

--Scott