PWB & Westlaw printing

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

Morgyne
Participant
Participant

PWB & Westlaw printing

Post by Morgyne »

Well, ran into a strange situation here, with Campus Research (WestLaw).
I do not have pop-up blocker turned on in PWB or IE and it says one is on and will not allow printing. I have never turned on the pop-up blocker in PWB, and some update looks as it turned it on in IE6, but have since turned it off. It does display the colored bar at the top of the browser window and if you right click on it you can allow pop-ups temporarialy or permanently, and if I do that it works fine, but the next time I reboot the computer it is back to the pop-up blocker being turned on.

At a loss, nothing I do or can think of makes any difference, the site always seems to think that a pop-up blocker is turned on. I have tried and tried different settings, added it to trusted sites, used the PWBOptin and still nothing. Can someone please point me in a direction I can look to resolve this.

Thanks!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

When you see the bar across the top, click it and select "Always Allow Pop-ups from this site".

It sounds like you are also using a drive locking application such as Microsoft Steady State or Deepfreeze. After you make the changes to the pop-up filter, and reboot, the changes are restored to the previous state.

You will need to un-protect the drive, make the changes, and then protect the drive again.

--Scott

Morgyne
Participant
Participant

Post by Morgyne »

Scott wrote:When you see the bar across the top, click it and select "Always Allow Pop-ups from this site".

It sounds like you are also using a drive locking application such as Microsoft Steady State or Deepfreeze. After you make the changes to the pop-up filter, and reboot, the changes are restored to the previous state.

You will need to un-protect the drive, make the changes, and then protect the drive again.

--Scott
While I am using DeepFreeze, I make sure it is thawed, this does allow changes and saves changes, but alas it still comes up as before after rebooting.

Morgyne
Participant
Participant

Post by Morgyne »

Well, if I would remember some settings are user specific, it would help. This is one of those settings that is set under each user. And found the registry key for it, now to find out what turns it back on after each reboot, even when DeepFreeze is in thawed mode, thus will save any changes made. Any one got any ideas on where I might look, or any software I might use to help find out what is turning it back on when the computer is rebooted?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I beleive the settings you are looking for are here.

Code: Select all

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows]
"PopupMgr"="yes"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows\Allow]
"*.xxxxx.com"=hex:
--Scott