For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

rhbrow
Participant
Participant

Saving Files through PWB 2.x

Post by rhbrow »

Problem:

Can someone explain how to allow patrons the ability to save files on their flash drives. Some patrons try to right click on an image in a webpage to "save target to" a flash drive but PWB doesn't offer the drive letter. We want to offer patrons the ability to save anything onto their flash drives without restrictions.

How do I configure PWB 2 to allow access to drives E: & F:?

Please be specific in your instructions. I'm new at this!

Also, what is "Restricted Save"? There is no reference to it in my .rtf instructional file.

Thanks,
Rich

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

PWB does not restrict what drives people see when saving, are you using Windows Policies, or other software to hide the Drives from Windows Explorer.

The PWB v2 manual is in a file called PWBv2.rtf that is normally located in the PWB folder.

Here is a quote from it:
[RestrictedSave]
Restricted save dialog when File Save as is selected.
• EnableRestrictedSave=False
o Enables the restricted save application for Save As.
o You can use MMC or Windows policies to restrict IE save dialog for general browsing, see TeamSoftware Solutions forums for more info.
• RestrictedSaveApp=
o Restricted save application to run to save web page.
o Application available on the TSS web site.
This post in the forums may be the best way to accomplish what you want:
http://teamsoftwaresolutions.com/phpBB2 ... c.php?t=17

--Scott

rhbrow
Participant
Participant

Post by rhbrow »

Steve,

The problem we have here is on the right click when one would select "Save Target As" it will not allow it to download.

I am using group policies. Here is where I restrict in group policies in our domain...

User Configuration --> Administrative Template--->Windows Explorer--->Prevent Access to Drives from My Computer---> Restrict C Drive Only

That's the only location I believe I prevent access. If there are other places in the GPO I am not aware. I am not a certified network admin. I inherited the task. So if you know of other ways or locations to look for drive access denials, let me know.

Thanks

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

When you click the "Save Target As" do you get the following message:

Or is the E: and/or F: drive not present?

--Scott

Landsbokasafn
Observer
Observer

i was looking for solution for exactly this mesage box.....

Post by Landsbokasafn »

it's not a gpo, i have a another computer in a same OU with same gpo and it can open files.

my filedownload setting is configured like this:

DisableFileDownload=False

Still i get the security alert box when i try to open any file. doc, dot, pdf etc.

I'm rather new with pwb so ti would be nice if you could point out some idesa.

thanks
-beg

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

PWB sits on top of Internet Explorer. If you have set any of the settings in the Cotrol Panel applet Internet Options they will affect PWB. For example if you disable File Downloads in the Internet Options, it will disable the File Downloads in PWB.

By setting [Security]DisableFileDownload=True in your INI file, PWB will set this setting in the Internet Options. This is set on a per user basis. You may need to open the Internet Options for the user and change the File Download to Enable.

You could also delete the user profile and let Windows re-create it. The File Download is set to Enable as a default.

--Scott

Landsbokasafn
Observer
Observer

Post by Landsbokasafn »

Thank you very much..

It was the case, i enabled download in IE ..