INI Fallback

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

rchesko
Observer
Observer

INI Fallback

Post by rchesko »

Is it possible either with the current version of PWB or could I make an enhancement request to do the following:

Using /INI and /URLINI, if the ini file at /URLINI is not available (does not exist or webserver is down) to fall back to the ini in /INI if it exists?

I'd like to be able to post ini files up on a web server for configuration and registration updates but if the web server is down, I'd like PWB to continue to run on the local ini.

Right now, in my testing with v2.10, if the web server (or ini file on the web server) is not available, I get "The wrong version of the INI or Registry settings was used..."

I'd like to implement /URLINI on a big chunk of public access internet computers and I'd hate to have all of them not working because a web server was misbehavin'...not like that ever happens, right? :)

Thanks in advance,
Ron

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You can use the PWB startup script to run a batch file that will copy the INI file if available or by default revert to the current one if it is not available.

--Scott

jfrasier
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by jfrasier »

I am using URLINI for all my public computers. It the network traffic is high and the computer can't reach the web server for some reason, does it revert back to using the local version of the .ini?

I did not purposely do that but I think that might be what is happening.

Jane Frasier

jfrasier
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by jfrasier »

Nevermind....

Jane

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Yes, if the web server version is not available it reverts to the local INI file.

--Scott