Avoiding CheckURLAccess through Word

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

potuncle

Avoiding CheckURLAccess through Word

Post by potuncle »

If a patron opens Microsoft Word 2000, enters a hyperlink in their document, and does File/Preview as Web Page, PWB (default browser) opens their document as "C:\Documents and Settings\all\Local Settings\Temp\Word\Document1.htm" even though I have "-C:\Documents and Settings\all\Local Settings" in my URL.txt file. So it seems as if PWB is not checking the URL.txt file when it is called by Word. Otherwise the URL blocking is working fine. BTW this is with PWB 2.04r4 on WinXP.

Thanks

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Interesting, I will have to check into that one. I wonder if Word is opening a new instanced of PWB. PWB assumes the initial webpage is OK, and is not checking the URL.

I will add a INI switch to allow PWB to chech the inital page when starting.

--Scott

Post by Guest »

What is the ETA of the update that will check the intial page against the URL.txt file? I am in no immediate need, but knowing this will help me schedule the next update to all of our computers.

Thanks,

Jason

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I just posted PWB v2.04 revision 5 that adds checking the initial URL for access.

[Security]CheckInitialURL=False

That was the only change from revision 4 so there should not be any problems using it, however it is still a test version.

www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/beta/PWBv204.zip

The functionality is already incorporated into PWB v2.05 which is currently being developed.

www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/beta/PWBv205.zip

--Scott