Show Picture not working

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

Show Picture not working

Post by Guest »

I'm running PWB 2.04 and have a small problem with the context menu. I have the following settings:

DisableContextMenu=False
UseCustomContextMenu=True

[ContextMenu]
ShowPicture=True
SavePicture=True

When I right-click on an image, I get the "Save Picture" option but the "Show Picture" option remains grayed out. Any suggestions on what might be misconfigured?

Just one more thing...

Post by Guest »

One other thing I forgot to ask..is there any way to enable the image toolbar that IE supports that allows saving and printing of images directly from IE?
Thanks!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The Show Picture is part of the Internet Explorer Web Browser control and the menu is actually generated by the control, PWB does not control the menu item. I have tried with IE, and I can not get the Show Picture to work on any picture I try. I wonder if one of the Microsoft IE patches has disabled this feature.

The Saving and Printing menu disaplayed when hovering over a picture in Internet Explorer is not done by the Web Browser control, but by IE itself, so currently PWB does not support this feature. I have added it to our to do list.

--Scott

Post by Guest »

Scott,

Thanks. I'll see if I can dig up any details on why "Show Picture" doesn't work.

Post by Guest »

Scott,

I think I've figured out why "Show Picture" doesn't work. It actually does work, we just had a different expectation of what it would do. If you uncheck this option in Tools - Internet Options - Advanced, none of the images on the page display. When you right-click on the image, you get the option to "Show Picture" and then it will display the image.

My expectation was that it would let you view the image separately in the browser or another application. Apparently, that is not the case.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I beleive in IE 5.x there was a show picture option on the context menu that would open the picture by itself in the browser. This must have been changed by MS in IE 6.x.

--Scott