Restricted Save gone, but so is TDownload?

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

Restricted Save gone, but so is TDownload?

Post by spragers »

Hello,

I noticed that in the most recent beta version of PWB, you have removed the RestrictedSave - SaveToTitle and SaveToDrives values, and have replaced them with a RestrictedSaveApp entry. However, the TDownload program (I believe that's what it was called) is no longer listed on your download page, either. What program do you suggest using in conjunction with this new setting? (And does this mean that downloads from Yahoo and Hotmail, which make you jump through about four separate links before you actually get to the file, will work correctly?)

Edit: I still happened to have the TDownload and ManageDL program files on my computer, so I tried setting up TDownload as the RestrictedSaveApp - it works so far with "normal" files, I have yet to try it with a Yahoo attachment or the like. I thought of another question, though - Internet Explorer has an option to save a page as a "Web Archive, single file (.mht)" - I've found this to be a very useful option, as I have one single file saved instead of one HTM file and a folder full of graphics. Is there any way to use this feature in PWB, while still using the restricted save?

Thanks,

Ben Sprague
Ripon Public Library

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Yes, the restricted save has been removed from PWB v2.05. It did not function 100% inside PWB and was removed.

The TDownload application installed with the ManageDL DLL was created using the restricted save stripped from PWB. If you implement TDownload and ManageDL you will have all the functionality of the restricted save offered plus it will work with sites that "send" the file.

We are still working on getting TDownload and ManageDL to work with Hotmail.

The link was never on the download page but posted in the forums, but I will add it. Here is the link to ManageDL that also includes the TDownload, ManageDL Setup and TDownload Setup applications.

www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/beta/ManageDL.zip

PWB v2.05 seems to be bug free and will probably be released soon wit or without the ManageDL/TDownload fixed as we had hoped.

--Scott

Philip - Long Beach NY
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Philip - Long Beach NY »

I will say my prayers that pwb will be able to solve the Hotmail issue.

GO TEAMSOFTWARE SOLUTIONS! IT'S YA BIRTHDAY!! :lol:
Complexity is the enemy of security
-- Steve Gibson