Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

URLs and Shell Buttons

Post by Scott »

<Originaly Posted in the PWB v1 Forum>
http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/ph ... c.php?t=95

I am using Version 2.05 Beta (didn't work on 2.04 either) of PWB trying to accomplish the same thing. This will be a series of e-mail kiosks. I wanted to create shell buttons that act just like favorites, i.e. you click on them and you browse to that page in the same window. The purpose of using shell buttons is so that I can create icons for each shortcut.

So...

How can I create a shell button with a URL so that is opens in the same window. Is there some way to make the favorites appear in a bar by themselves and have an icon (like IE does with the "links" folder)?

On a side note: Is there a way to keep PWB from resizing my 32 x 32 icons to ?? x ?? It distorts them. If not, what size should they be so that they are not resized and distorted?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

In PWB v2.05 to have a Shellbar URL button open in the same window, set the following in the INI file.

[SecondWindow]
ShellBarURLNewWindow=False

The default icon size for the shell bar button is 22 X 22. I did just post PWB v2.05 Release Candidate 1 to the web site. This version includes settings to set the the icon size for the shell buttons.

[Browser]
ShellButtonIconWidth=
ShellButtonIconHeight=

--Scott

echamb
Observer
Observer

Post by echamb »

Scott,

I downloaded PWB2.05 RC1 and am now using that but am still having problems with the Shellbar URLs opening another window of PWB after changing the ShellBarURLNewWindows setting to be 'False'. Is some other setting interfering, perhaps? I have the pwb.ini posted here: http://odie.its.uiowa.edu/~echamb/pwb.txt

The Shellbuttoniconwidth and 'height worked beautifully, btw... now my icons that I worked on so long to look just right look great again. thanks!

Eric

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I just tested PWB v2.05 with your INI and it seems to work. Is it possible to zip your entire PWB folder and send it to Support@TeamSoftwareSolutions.com?

--Scott