For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

BPLtech
Observer
Observer

URLINI

Post by BPLtech »

Hello,
I seem to be having problems getting the URLINI switch to work. Here is my shortcut link:

Now, if the urltest.ini doesn't exist then I get a file not found error. So, I made a blank urltest.ini file and I get a wrong version of INI file error (it returns a blank version number). I have made sure that the file and folder have read permission for the Internet Guest. Next I copied my public.ini file to my local PC and renamed it urltest.ini, now I get no errors but I am sure it is still not downloading the ini file from the web server. Because I make a change to the title bar of my public.ini on the web server and it doesn't show up next time I open PWB. I am using PWB version 2.10.3, which I just downloaded from the web site and upgraded my old ini files to the current version. Any ideas?
Thank for any help in advance.
John

BPLtech
Observer
Observer

shortcut link

Post by BPLtech »

Here is my shortcut link:
"C:\Program Files\TeamSoftware Solutions\Public Web Browser v2\PWB.exe" /ini="C:\Program Files\TeamSoftware Solutions\Public Web Browser v2\urltest.ini" /URLINI=http://www.mywebsite.org/INIs/public.ini
I couldn't post it in my other message until I had atleast 1 other post. Sorry.

BPLtech
Observer
Observer

I fixed it!!

Post by BPLtech »

8)
This was not a PWB issue, it was an IIS issue. I tried to navigate to my ini file thru a web browser and it kept telling me the file did not exist or has moved. When I renamed the file to .txt, it worked fine and I was able to see the file. So, I dug thru the IIS interface, what fixed it was adding a MIME type for ini files to my IIS. Now all is working as it should!! :D
Thanks
John

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Self answering questions are the best. :-)

Actually this information may prove useful to someone running IIS and wanting to use wb based INI files.

Thank you for posting the problem and the fix.

--Scott

jfrasier
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by jfrasier »

I am seeing the same error, but I can open the .ini file in a browser, so my Apache web server software is working like I need it to.

Jane

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Review your PWB command line to ensure there is a starting INI file in the PWB folder for PWB to access.

\PWB.exe /INI=”Other.INI” /URLINI=http://www.web.com/PWB.INI

The "Other.INI" needs to be present in the PWB folder.

--Scott