PWB & Google Maps

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

rhbrow
Participant
Participant

PWB & Google Maps

Post by rhbrow »

For some unknown reason, our public PCs running PWB v. 2.10 are having trouble displaying Google Maps and its' pages. The page/text is totally scrambled and the maps are not displaying; the page displays the text, "Loading" indefinitely. This seems to be a recent problem but not sure for how long a period.

We run the PCs on a domain and the public computers are locked down with group polices from a server.

When testing the browser from my computer without group policies enforced the browser is fine. I looked at the GPOs and made some minor changes in User/Administrative Templates/Internet Explorer/Internet Security and then tried another public PC after I rebooted it and it worked so I rebooted another public PC with the changes and there was no change. Google Maps was still scrambled. What gives?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Did you use the same INI file from the public computers as you did when testing on your computer?

Are your public computers running the same OS and IE versions as your public comptuers?

We tested Google maps on several test systems without problem.

It sounds like the GPOs are restricting something on the computer that is preventing IE, and thusly PWB, from displaying Google maps correctly.

--Scott