Sorry! You are currently not allowed to access the ftp proto

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

rhbrow
Participant
Participant

Sorry! You are currently not allowed to access the ftp proto

Post by rhbrow »

My public computers running PWB 2.x on a domain environment gets this message, "Sorry! You are currently not allowed to access the ftp protocol" when trying to download a file from a ftp website.

For example (this is the actual scenario):
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software3/ ... enu-xp.exe

We get a splash screen that spells out the subject of this topic. I would post an image of this splash screen but this forum doesn't offer uploading of images.

When testing this scenario on my PC using the same configuration .ini file for PWB I get blocked. When trying it from IE7 on my PC it works fine. When trying the download from the public PC with IE6 instead of PWB it fails as well.

Is this a Group Policy issue or is this a PWB issue? And how is this resolved? I cannot find anything that would block ftp protocol in my group policies or in the PWB .ini file. I am not a certified network admin so just maybe I missed something. DUH!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The wording:
"Sorry! You are currently not allowed to access the ftp protocol"
Does not appear internally in PWB, and searching the Internet for the wording returns no results. So there are a few cases that are possible.

1. You have enable the PWB filters and one of the filters is displaying this message file.

2. You have a policy in Windows that is blocking FTP and displaying this message.

Since you do not get the message with IE, I am guessing you have the one of the PWB filters enabled and you are limiting access to FTP.

PWB INI file:

[Security]
CheckURLAccess=FALSE
CheckIPAccess=FALSE
DisableFileDownload=FALSE
OnlyAccessHTTP=FALSE
OnlyAccessInternet=FALSE

--Scott