MySpace locking up PWB

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

amutch
Benefactor
Benefactor

MySpace locking up PWB

Post by amutch »

I have PWB 2.10.4 installed on Windows XP w/ SP2 and F-Secure anti-virus. Starting yesterday, MySpace is not loading on our public computers. Other libraries are reporting the same problem. What happens is that the page attempts to load but never fully does so. The browser becomes locked up and we've had to reboot the machines to restore them to normal operating behavior.

When logged in as admin, I don't see either the processes or memory jump. From all signs, PWB is acting normally. I've disabled our Anti-virus as there was a recent update installed but PWB still locks up going to MySpace. Before yesterday, we didn't have any reports of problems with MySpace so it appears that there might be a problem with some interaction between the code in the MySpace page and how PWB is rendering that.

amutch
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by amutch »

We did some follow-up testing and it appears that the problem is with MSIE 6, not PWB. The problem does not occur with MSIE 7. If anyone hears of a fix, I would appreciate hearing about it.

wadefish
Spectator
Spectator

Post by wadefish »

Just some additional info...

I'm seeing the same issue here, with IE6 and PWB 2.10.4. The issue just started yesterday (July 9).

If I add myspace to IE's trusted web sites (probably not recommended), myspace will then work in IE. But it still won't work in PWB.

On a different server, where I'm running IE7 underneath PWB 2.10.4, I don't have problems navigating to myspace, from either IE7 or PWB.