For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

Yahoo spell-check crashes PWB2

Post by spragers »

Hi,

Just got to speak with a frustrated patron who had just typed a lengthy email, click Yahoo's "spellcheck" button, and watched as PWB immediately froze and "not responding" appeared in the title bar. This was on a Windows XP station. I tried it on my NT station, and it worked fine. Is this an XP issue or...?

Or maybe he just was an unlucky fellow :)

I suggested that if he plans on writing a long email, he could type it in the Editor program so that if Yahoo screws up, he won't lose the text.

Thanks!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Seems to work ok on my two XP test systems. Could it have been a Yahoo time out? I only typed for a few minutes before spell cheking it.

--Scott

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by spragers »

Hi,

It's not a time-out, as the instant he pressed "spell check" the words "not responding" appeared in the title bar and PWB completely froze. I was finally able to close PWB after getting the "send error report" window (something about "PWB MFC has caused an error"). This happened later in the afternoon again on our other XP station, where a woman had just finished typing up a short email, clicked "send," and PWB froze & crashed. To date, I have not seen this happen on our NT machines, and I have tried it several times on my desktop NT station with no problems. This morning I wil go and try out Yahoo on both of the XP station and see what happens. If it makes any difference, at least one of the patrons in question was using the rich text option to write their message.

Thanks!