ManageIE

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

jfrasier
Benefactor
Benefactor

ManageIE

Post by jfrasier »

Is there a way to use ManageIE to disable IE, but NOT Windows Explorer? We would like for the patrons to be able to use Windows Explorer to do some file management between floppies/CD-Rs/USB memory sticks.

I am also using TDownload and ManageDL and when I have a blank CD-R disk in the drive and click on the drive letter it doesn't recognize there is a disk in the drive.

I have a button on the shell bar to run Acrobat and when I run that and try to open a file, I can browse to E:\. If I try to save to e:\ I get a message about files being ready to save to the CDR but I don't see any way to get that done without Explorer.

Thanks.

Jane

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

There are two versions of ManageIE, one is on the download page as ManageIE, and the other is ManageIEAll. The ManageIE will allow Windows Explorer to run as usual but close when a web URL is entered. The other closes all instances of IE including Windows Explorer. It sounds like you have the ManageIEAll version.

TDownload does not know how to write to CDs, so it will give a message about no disk that is writeable. This is probably the same with Acrobat and as you stated you will probably need to have Windows Explorer available.

--Scott