HiAll,

I'm trying to use the Proxy Settings in PWB 2.05, here are my settings:

[Proxy]
UseCustom=True
ProxyEnable=True
ProxyServer=Our_Proxy_IP_Here:The_Port_#
ProxyOverride=
AutoConfigURL=

PWB loads fine for the first time but the proxy is not working, if you close it and try to oprn it again you have no internet access, not even with IE. I checked the IE Settings for proxy and this is what I found inside the address settings: &™qqì and the was no port # just the (&™qqì) in the address section.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here ??

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by spragers »

Hi,

Not the exact same problem, but we've had a similar problem here, usually on our older NT machines. Once in awhile, after PWB loads there will be no Internet connection (we have the proxy settings set in PWB). If I use the override command to switch the proxy on/off, everything then works fine. I've never checked to see what the IE proxy settings are when this happens.

I don't believe we're using the most recent version of PWB though, but a fairly recent one.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

PWB attempts to set the following Registry keys before it starts when the Custom Proxy is set to true.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

"ProxyServer"
"ProxyOverride"
"AutoConfigURL"
"ProxyEnable"

If you do not need PWB to turn the proxy on and off as it starts you may have better luck using the Internet Options Control Panel applet to set the Proxy.

--Scott

Post by Guest »

Bad part is that on 8 of the PC's I need to have one internet access with password on it and no proxy so I do need to turn the proxy on and off :(