Clear back button history

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

tloga
Contributor
Contributor

Clear back button history

Post by tloga »

Hello - We are running version 2.09 and are having trouble with the back button history not clearing when a user clicks HOME.

We have the following set in the ini file:

ClearCacheOnHome=True

We run PWB is kiosk mode, so we don't want the patrons to close the application (I know this clears out the history).

I thought it was working at one time but maybe I am wrong. It seems from reading other posts that when HOME is clicked the cache and back history is supposed to be cleared. If that's now how it is supposed to work, could this feature be added for the next release?

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The Back button history is held in memory by the underlying Internet Explorer and is not part of the cache. To clear the Back button history you need to have PWB restart.

To give the next user a "new" browser, we have had very good success with using [Security] RestartOnClose=True, and [Inactivity] InactivityAction=Exit. We then enourage the users to close the browser when finished. This causes PWB to clear the cache, and restart. If the users walks away, the exit action has the same effect.

--Scott