Problem with authenticating to Yahoo

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

kajones
Participant
Participant

Problem with authenticating to Yahoo

Post by kajones »

We just started having problems with patrons who try to authenticate to their Yahoo accounts from the main (www.yahoo.com) page. After they click on the "Login" prompt, it takes them to the login screen, but after they input their id and password, they get a "page not found". It works fine if you go to mail.yahoo.com. Weird. I can log in through www.yahoo.com just fine with IE, just not with PWB. We're using v2.0.9.3.

Any ideas? This problem just started today.

KAJ.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The Yahoo site seems to work with a stock INI file. Please send a copy of your INI file to support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com if you continue to have problems with the Yahoo site.

--Scott

kajones
Participant
Participant

Resolved.

Post by kajones »

It turned out to be an issue with the IE network configuration settings.

Thanks for the reply.

jfrasier
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Resolved.

Post by jfrasier »

Can you be more specific about the IE network configuration settings? We are seeing something like this.

thanks.

Jane
kajones wrote:It turned out to be an issue with the IE network configuration settings.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Jane,

What is the error message you are receiving?

--Scott

jfrasier
Benefactor
Benefactor

Yahoo mail

Post by jfrasier »

I went back to the help form and I guess our situation wasn't like theirs at all. This is the report I got, "A patron approached me and told me that these computers were very slow, and that when she typed in her password for her yahoo account, the cursor would jump back up to her login name and display her password. she told me that she was concerned that there is some kind of spyware on the computers that are grabbing people's passwords."

I was just curious what the other user meant.

Jane