TDownload Question

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

Bahem
Participant
Participant

TDownload Question

Post by Bahem »

I have seen in various postings that there were problems with this program. When I found it in the Beta Downloads, I noticed that the date on the file was from either Sept or Oct of this year. Since most of the postings I saw about these problems were from 2004, can I infer that the problems have been ironed out? Also, do I need to install this program on each station that uses PWB? Currently, I have the .ini files stored at a central location and copies of PWB.exe on each station so I can do universal updates without having to touch each machine. My boss has asked me to look at the Save As function. I would like to force patrons to save to either a floppy or USB device without having to navigate out of My Documents. I am hoping that TDownload will help and judging from the Read Me documentation it will. Thanks, I look forward to your answer.
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

TDownload is an application that can be used as the PWB Restricted Save application.

[RestrictedSave]
EnableRestrictedSave=True
RestrictedSaveApp=\\path\TDownload.exe

However this only works for saving web pages and not downloading files.

The references you are seeing is when TDownload is used in conjunction with ManageDL which was supposed to intercept the IE downloads, but even though Microsoft documented how it could be done, I was told by an IE team member that there is a bug in IE that prevents it from working on sites that use cookie sceurity such as Hotmail and Yahoo.

Both the TDownload and ManageDL were reposted to the beta page by request. This is why the dates seem to be newer.

We have found the following to be an effective way to restrict both saving and downloading to spcific drives.
http://teamsoftwaresolutions.com/phpBB2 ... c.php?t=17

--Scott