Foreign Language Support

For general issues related to PWB v1.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

GregP
Benefactor
Benefactor

Foreign Language Support

Post by GregP »

I haven't had a chance to test this on our test PC as yet, but has anyone had any problems with foreign language support in PWB?

I can see one stumbling block: PWB doesn't (that I can see) let you select 'View > Encoding...". So if the browser doesn't automatically change to the new encoding when it hits a foreign site you would be stuck with gibberish.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has problems with this, or if you have foreign customers quite regularly and it works fine.

If PWB v2 supports this I'm certainly building a better case for talking to my manager about a site license. :)

Thanks,
Greg

Post by Guest »

PWB v1 supports automatic encoding through the IE engine. And supports manual encoding through the context menu.

PWB v2 has this same support but the context menu is customizable. I also seen somewhere that PWB has an encoding menu item and button in the works.

IMHO PWB v2 is more then worth the price.

Johenyst
Participant
Participant

Foreign Language Support

Post by Johenyst »

I think this is a great idea. We havent started any foreign language yet, but hope to find something in the next year or two. If you try this, would you mind sharing with us how it works?

Obama320
Spectator
Spectator

Re: Foreign Language Support

Post by Obama320 »

I can see one stumbling block: PWB doesn't (that I can see) let you select 'View > Encoding...". So if the browser doesn't automatically change to the new encoding when it hits a foreign site you would be stuck with gibberish.

Whether you want to pass Pass4sure 1z0-061 exams or looking for Dean College certification, our Youtube can provide guaranteed success in real exam of University of California, San Francisco Good Luck.
Last edited by Obama320 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Foreign Language Support

Post by Scott »

PWB v2/v3 has an Encoding button.

[Buttons]
Encoding=True

--Scott