Microsoft JScript runtime error

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

AnthonyM
Provider
Provider

Microsoft JScript runtime error

Post by AnthonyM »

I am receiving the following error message from a site on our intranet through PWB.

'A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?'

If I chose 'Yes' it says:

'Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method'

And "authenticate()" is highlighted on line (I removed the opening mark so the line would display):

Code: Select all

BUTTON TYPE="submit" NAME="authenticate" VALUE="authenticate" onClick="authenticate()">
The site works fine in IE and firefox on the same computers. It only seems to affect PCs with IE7 installed. Computers running IE6 do not have problems viewing the site though PWB. We are using v2.10. Let me know if you need a copy of my INI file. Thanks.

Anthony

AnthonyM
Provider
Provider

Fixed

Post by AnthonyM »

Renaming the 'authenticate()' javascript function 'authen_user()' seems to have solved the problem. Is 'authenticate' a key word in PWB or something? Thanks.

Anthony

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If you have the [Java] Section enabled for the Dynamic External Java Commands and have left one or more of the keys blank it is possible for this to interfere with JavaScript commands, although this is unlikely. Otherwise PWB uses the IE Web Browser Control and relies on this for all its web browsing functionality.

Since you mention it works with PWB and IE 6, but not with IE 7, I wonder if IE 7 considers the previous command a secruirty problem and is blocking the web browser control from using it.

We are currently looking into the differences.

--Scott

AnthonyM
Provider
Provider

Clarification

Post by AnthonyM »

I should have been more clear. The site works fine in IE and firefox on the same computers the get the error in PWB. So the site works fine in IE6, IE7, and firefox, but not in PWB on computers running IE7. This is my Java section. I found just renaming the function worked, so I don't need a fix or anything.

[Java]
JavaExit=
JavaActivity=
JavaRegister=
JavaHideToolbar=
JavaExecute=
JavaReadINIFile=
EnableExternalJava=False
JavaPrint=
JavaHideAddressBar=
JavaPrintFrame=
JavaFillElement=