For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

rhbrow
Participant
Participant

PWB and Adobe Reader

Post by rhbrow »

Newbie here...

Just started working with PWB and I find some things not very configurable or maybe just not clear on how to...

I have a new computer with XP SP2 that will be cloned into many computers when finished with all software installs. These computers will be on a domain using group policies and will be using a print management software package to control all printing.

I have PWB v2 and installed Adobe Reader v8. I have disabled the print command on the menu bar and the toolbars because I want all users to see "print preview" first.

Adobe Reader's context menu presents the "Print" command and ultimately brings up the Print dialog box.

Can I disable Adobe Reader's "Print" command and force it to "Print Preview" first in its' context menu and its' "Print" command button?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

ActiveX controls inside of Internet Explorer such as Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft word, as well as Java and ASP type applications, use there own context menus and printing functionality and PWB has no control over these external applications.

For PDF type files there are alternatives to Acrobat that may be more secure.

http://teamsoftwaresolutions.com/phpBB2 ... php?t=1033

--Scott