Latest Version of PWB Crashing

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

ChrisHearns
Observer
Observer

Latest Version of PWB Crashing

Post by ChrisHearns »

Certain sites seem to cause the PWB to crash. We recently updated the PWB in because it was said that this issue was corrected, but apparently not, or this is a different issue. We are a library environment and one web site that seems to crash a lot for some patrons is siDOTcom. First site, can't post web addresses on first post. It will never crash in the same spot, but does randomly crash, even when someone is just reading an article on the page. It won't crash on the same page, you just have to keep moving around the site, until it crashes which is completely random. We have the latest version of shockwave and flash installed. Anyone come across this or have any ideas. Also, their are other sites crash randomly too, not just si.

Chris, IT dept.
Rochester Hills Public Library

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

We are a library environment and one web site that seems to crash a lot for some patrons is siDOTcom.
Did you mean the site: http://www.sidoticom.com/

We are just in the process of finalizing PWB v2.10.3. If you want, try running this version of PWB to see if the problem persists when using the site. If it does please send a copy of your PWB INI file to support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com.

To upgrade if you are using PWB v2.10.x and Windows XP SP2, simply download PWB from the link below and unzip the PWB.exe file and copy it over your current PWB.exe file.

http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/beta/PWBv2103.zip

--Scott

ChrisHearns
Observer
Observer

Post by ChrisHearns »

The site is actually si.com

Since I can't post urls on the first post, I was representing the . with DOT, sorry I wasn't clear enough.

Chris Hearns, IT dept.
248 650 7128

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

No problem, I just wanted to make sure. I will run some tests on http://www.si.com

Have you tried PWB v2.10.3?

--Scott

ChrisHearns
Observer
Observer

Post by ChrisHearns »

We haven't tried PWB v2.10.3, but had just upgraded 2.10.2 thinking that would solve the problem. If you think 2.10.3 will solve the problem, I guess it's worth a shot. Still let me know if you find similar problems with SI.com wither either 10.2 or 10.3.

Chris Hearns, IT dept.
248 650 7128

ChrisHearns
Observer
Observer

SI.com still crashing latest PWB

Post by ChrisHearns »

We have still had the same problem with PWB v2.10.3 SI still randomly crashes and I am thinking it may be caused by the advertisements on the site. They are constantly changing and if specific ones cause the crash, that would explain how random it is. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten si.com to crash on them or if there is any idea how to prevent future crashes.

Chris Hearns, IT dept.
248 650 7128

ChrisHearns wrote:We haven't tried PWB v2.10.3, but had just upgraded 2.10.2 thinking that would solve the problem. If you think 2.10.3 will solve the problem, I guess it's worth a shot. Still let me know if you find similar problems with SI.com wither either 10.2 or 10.3.

Chris Hearns, IT dept.
248 650 7128

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I have just spent the last 30 minutes on www.si.com and have not had any crashes using a stock INI file.

What version if Windows are you using?

What version of Internet Explorer is installed on the computer?

What version of Flash is installed on the computer?

Please send a copy of your current INI file to support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com.

--Scott