InactivityAction=Home disables PWB

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

bgj
Observer
Observer

InactivityAction=Home disables PWB

Post by bgj »

We are a new PWB user. I am trying to set PWB to return to the home page after there is a period of inactivity. I can watch the inactivity timer count down and see PWB return to the home page. However, the screen does not always fully paint the home page to the screen (sometimes it is completely blank - other times certain graphics are missing) and none of my hyperlinks are active. I also have a drop down menu which is not populated.

The only thing I can do is Ctrl-Atl-Del and close it with Task Manager. Task Manager shows CPU usage at 100%. Upon killing the application I get a dialog box which shows a PWB.exe application error which says the memory could not be read. Then my desktop shows only a blue screen with no shortcuts. I can double-click and get to a start menu, restart PWB, close it normally and then my desktop goes back to normal. The settings I am using are below. Can someone point me in the direction of how to fix this problem? Thanks.

[Inactivity]
InactivityTimer=True
InactivitySeconds=20
InactivityMessageTitle=Warning
InactivityMessageFile=Inactivity.txt
InactivityAction=Home
InactivitySoundFile=
InactivityStartOnOpen=False
InactivityShowDialog=False
ResetOnMouseMove=True
ResetOnMouseButton=rue
ResetOnKeyboard=True

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If you are using PWB v2.06 and have Clear Cache on Home set to true, there is a bug that may cause some problems when the home page is displayed. Either set Clear Cache on Home to False, or upgrade to PWB v2.06 revision 2. To upgrade simply download the upgrade archive, and copy the new EXE over the old EXE.

--Scott

bgj
Observer
Observer

Re: InactivityAction=Home disables PWB

Post by bgj »

Setting ClearCacheonHome=False did the trick. Thanks so much. - bgj