PWB hangs on restart

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

mhancock
Observer
Observer

PWB hangs on restart

Post by mhancock »

We are running PWB 2.07 on XP Pro machines. We have them set to close when the inactivity timer runs down, clear cache on close, and automatically restart when closed. They are intermittently hanging when restarting: window goes all white, when you try to close the "Program Is Not Responding" window comes up, and clicking "End Now" closes out the program with no restart. I can't figure out why PWB is crashing - it seems random, when I say intermittent I mean I can close out the program 100 times and it will reopen just fine, other times it will crash after one or two tries.

This is happening on all machines in four different buildings. I have tried a constant ping while getting them to crash, there is no loss in network connectivity when this happens. I have tried using an IP rather than named address thinking it might be unable to resolve the URL properly, this doesn't seem to matter either.

Anyone see this before? Any ideas?

Thanks
Mark

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I would upgrade to a newer version of PWB.

Here are the steps to upgrade.
http://teamsoftwaresolutions.com/phpBB2 ... .php?t=709

--Scott

mhancock
Observer
Observer

Post by mhancock »

We upgraded all our machines. I verified that the ini files were correct. However, we are experiencing the same behaviour. Any other ideas? Or ideas on other methods for clearing the cache if a user were to walk away without logging out of their session?

We have this configured on our catalog machines - so if a user logs in to their account, then walks away without closing the browser, it will automatically close after a certain length of inactivity. This method isn't perfect, since the browser then restarts constantly throughout the day while inactive.

Thanks again!

Mark

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Please send a copy of your INI file to support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com.

--Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If PWB is not responding you could also use the AutoRestart application instead of the restart on close. The AutoRestart application will restart an application that is closed or not responding. Although I would rather fix the problem with PWB hanging.

--Scott