mms:// links blocked when OnlyAccessInternet is set to True

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

iyad
Spectator
Spectator

mms:// links blocked when OnlyAccessInternet is set to True

Post by iyad »

We are using PWV v.2.10, but I know this also happens in v.2.09. Links to multimedia streams give "access denied" when the "OnlyAccessInternet" security option is set to "True" and "OnlyAccessHTTP" is set to "False".
What we basically need is the ability for our customers to do anything on the internet, but we simply don't want them to be able to access anything else (hard drives, CD drives, usb drives,....) from the browser. It seems to me that "mms://" should fall under the allowed connections when "OnlyAccessInternet" is set since it is an Internet based protocol.

I'm aware we can enable URL checking and block C:\ and D:\.... But, is their a line we can use in the URL.txt file that will block all local access instead of having to specify a deny for each letter drive?

Ultimately, I think that having mms:// allowed when "OnlyAccessInternet" is set is a more elegant solution than enabling URL checking.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

This has been fixed in PWB v2.10.1 currently in beta testing and available on the Beta Download page.

--Scott