Unknown Publisher

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

jfrasier
Benefactor
Benefactor

Unknown Publisher

Post by jfrasier »

We are seeing a new problem at one of our locations. We use PWB 2.093. We have a shortcut to explore.exe on the shellbar (which is found on another computer) so they can access My Computer. Now when you click on the button you get: "Do you want to open this file, My Computer.lnk, unknown publisher, type-shortcut from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. When you click on OK it does work fine.

I tried putting it in Group Policy for the user -- Attachment Manager | Inclusion for low risk files -- .lnk, but that didn't help.

Thanks

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Add your domain name to the local Intranet tursted sites. This will tell Windows to trust the computers in the domain and not ask the security question.

http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2006/1 ... isher.html

--Scott

jfrasier
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by jfrasier »

Do you have an idea why this changed? We have used this shortcut on the shellbar without this error for months/years. I just think something is very odd here. Also we have only had it reported at one library.

Would that setting be set for the user? So I would have to thaw the computer, remove the user from the Group Policy OU, enable IE (I am using your ManageIE), put the user back in the OU, relogon and then freeze the computer?

Or can I do that as the administrator?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You can set the ZoneMap Domains either for the Current User or the Local Machine.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182569

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\jefferson.lib.co.us]
"*"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\jefferson.lib.co.us]
"*"=dword:00000001

In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE it could be a one time setting on each computer.

--Scott