For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

rhbrow
Participant
Participant

Group Policies or AutoConfigURL

Post by rhbrow »

Here's my problem...

I use group policies on Windows Server 2003 to lock down my public PCs. I have configured a policy for the public machines to point to a URL for Internet filtering. In Group Policy Objects I have the following configuration -

Internet Explorer Maintenance---Connection/Automatic Browser Configuration---Autoproxy URL. Here I have my URL listed for the filtering server (remote provider). Using IE this works fine.

Will this configuration block PWB as well? I have tried it and it doesn't block the undesirables through group policies. Only affects IE.

I use the .ini file for PWB through a server, pointing to the ini file from the command line on each client.

I thought that PWB takes on IE behaviors. Does PWB take on group policies objects as well? I really need it to work. If so, how? Or is my only alternative to configure it in the ini file using the Proxy -- AutoConfigURL settings? Thanks.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

PWB does follow the proxy settings for IE through group policies since PWB is hosting the Internet Explorer Web Browser ActiveX Control. Try running Internet Explorer logged on as the same user as you are using with PWB.

The [Proxy] section of the INI file modifies the Windows Registry to set the proxy settings for Internet Explorer before PWB runs. This has the same affect as using Group Policies to set the proxy.

--Scott